Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TOO MUCH GOING ON!!

We have a whole lot going on at this time of year in our family! (I know, so does everyone!) This is it in short for us... Begining with Thanksgiving Day, which was also Carl's birthday, the following day was Amanda's birthday, December 3rd was our 21st wedding anniversary, December 6th was Austen's birthday, the 18th of December is Ashlii's birthday, and Christmas of course! Then just throw in the fact that Carl works for Federal Express!! Busy, busy, busy time of year for us!! Here is just some of what went on during this time of year for our family. I haven't even gotten to Christmas Eve or Day... ENJOY!! WE DID!!


We had our family Christmas party at my Grandma Grow's home. We sang, enjoyed each others talents, good food and good company. I love it!

This is a picture of my Grandma Grow with her great and great, great grandkids!


It was touching to me to hear our whole family sing together while grandma played the piano.


My grandma got a real kick out of playing while we all sang Christmas songs!


Austen, Sophie and their cousins sang "Away in a Manger" I just loved it!!


My cousin Ben and his friend sang "Baby it's cold outside" it was soooo cute!!





Sophie performed for the group and sang Rudolph. (she actually did a few things for us, she loves to be the "STAR").


Santa made an appearance... it was fun for all!



Our family birthday party at Cheesecake Factory, we were celebrating Carl, Amanda, Austen and Ashlii's birthdays. I feel terrible Carl isn't in the picture, he is usually "the man" behind the camera!




For the first time in 20 years we were without both of our girls for Thanksgiving. Ashlii, Cole, Sophie and Rubie were in St. George with Cole's family. Amanda and Ryan spent a few days down south as well, visiting with Ryan's family. Although it was difficult to be apart, we had a wonderful day! Carl, Austen, myself, my sisters and their families went to my aunt and uncle's home in Peoa to spend the day with lots of extended family and friends! I love getting reacquainted each year on this great day with those family members I don't get to see as often as I'd like.

My Aunt Julie and Uncle Stewart's home.


My sister Marni and her husband Bob.


My sister Kristi and I.


Austen and some of his cousins.


We had a great game of soccer, I did score a goal for the other team... I quit playing shortly after that, but it was alot of fun!

5 comments:

emily said...

I can see the picture improvement on your blog! GO CARL! :) Glad you posted about TG, in that we weren't there. I missed my favorite soccer game of the year sounds like. And, the best Christmas party of the year! Wow. Bummer.

Ashlii Brooke said...

i could not be more proud of you! not only did you do a monster of a post you changed your background AND you did it ALL BY YOURSELF!!! WHO ARE YOU!?!? good post momma.

kerri said...

I know Ash... I am quite proud of myself!! Really!!

angie said...

You guys have had a busy month. Kash's birthday and our anniversary are on Dec. 6 also. Crazy times. Lots of fun.

Stefanie said...

WOW!! How much fun you guys had! How blessed you are to live close to so much family. Everyone looks GREAT! It was good to see a picture of Marni. She looks EXACTLY the same as I remembered, minus the big hair. I think that's the first picture of her I've seen since I left Indiana. Kristi looks so much like your mom I think and you of course look wonderfu. I must say I'm impressed you got out there and played soccer. You are SO cool!